Holiday casing

This post is also available in: Russian

This year I definitely started holiday cardmaking early. First because cant wait.  And the second – wanna have more to send for card drive (that sends cards to nursing homes).
In this post wanna share two cards I made for CASE Study #200 (can you believe there are already 200?)
The first one – a winter scene. I embossed the tree and banks with dies, stamped snowflake and tree silhouette. Added deer and birds.Card_140721_01For the background of the second one I wanted to created some bokeh effect. I could go the “regular way” like stamping or applying inks through a stencil. But I wanted to try something new, so did it “bleaching” inked with distress inks cardstock with water. Used circle stamps, wet mini-applicator and put some small drops with a brush. Liked the background I got but its tone differed a bit from the stamped die-cuts. So I covered it with vellum, which evened the tone difference and even made it look “more bokeh”. The only thing – it’s hard to see it on the photo (it pops up more in real life).
Card_140721_02On this photo bokeh effect is better seen. Entering this card to Spots and Dots Wednesday challenge.
Thank you for visiting.

This post is also available in: Russian

July 22, 2014
July 28, 2014